Thursday, August 5, 2021

Time traveling exhibits

 Here are my latest Time Travel Trade pickups from Diamond Jesters.

Some standard TTT pickups here - a 1970 Topps need, plus three non-baseball cards I ordinarily wouldn't bother with, but I'm enjoying making those "Year of Topps Designs" posts so I figured I'd pick those up. You'll see them in those future posts.

There's a bit of a different story with these. I'm still picking up matchbook lots from time to time. There was one that I noticed had a couple of 1930s non-sport cards. I bought the lot partly so I could flip those over to Matt. In return I picked these two Exhibits, the oversized penny-arcade cards that were printed from 1947 to 1966. A 1993 Sports Collectors Digest article reprinted on the Net 54 Baseball site provides some useful information on narrowing them down to a date. Had to get out my ruler to measure the exact size of "Made in U.S.A." Based on the article I think Al Evans is 1950 and Ferris Fain is 1952.


1 comment:

  1. Dating exhibits can be a pain, even more so when viewing them on a computer screen.

    ReplyDelete