Friday, August 13, 2021

Hollywood bit players on baseball cards: Part 6

 Today's mystery player had a brief acting career, including appearances as a radio operator on Kraft Suspense Theater, a nurse on Burke's Law, and here as Sergeant Dave Bradford in the Dragnet TV movie that was filmed in 1966 and released in 1969.

Here's the best picture I could get of him with Jack Webb:

Did you recognize our mystery player? He is the great Dodgers catcher, John Roseboro. A four-time All-Star, Roseboro played 11 of his 14 seasons with the Dodgers. He passed away in 2002. I have four cards of this ballplayer/actor:





3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this guy...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is Chuck Connors (the rifleman), he played in the MLB and NBA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not someone that I would've thought had done any acting.

    ReplyDelete