Tuesday, August 10, 2021

1960 Topps lot

Here's another lot where I "cheated" on my $0.25 a card minimum. 40 cards for $13. Still, cheap '60s not so easy to come by.

28 of the 40 were cards I needed.

Jack Meyer's '59, '60 and '61 photos are all very similar; all great cards though. My favorite here is the Mathias, unusual photo for the time.

Larry Osborne's card is one of the best Tiger Stadium photos I've seen on a card.
Favorite here is the Ed Sadowski. Another card with a great background. The horizontal design makes for some nice "widescreen" photos, too bad it's wasted on a lot of headshots.

12 dupes in the lot. Duke Carmel has already been claimed; the rest are all available to trade. Though this was billed as a 1960 lot, that Ralph Houk card is actually a 1961.




4 comments:

  1. I really like the design of this set.

    Appearance by a lesser known, Dave Sisler (dad was George, the hall of famer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of this set and all of the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this set a lot more when I got back into collecting than I do now. I'm not sure why I fell out of love with it, but I did... and hard!

    ReplyDelete