Sunday, August 22, 2021

1984 Cramer PCL (continued)

I didn't mean to split this set into two posts, but somehow I managed to miss two teams in yesterday's post.

The Portland Beavers! (Phillies) If you haven't already, check out the All-Time Portland Beavers Project. Notable names here include Rick Schu, a name I liked since I was a kid, Steve Jeltz, the Boba Fett of baseball (after his career he became a bounty hunter), and blogger favorite Darren Daulton.

Las Vegas Stars (Padres). I'm the only one but I like yellow cards. John Kruk is everyone's favorite including Cramer's - he's the only player with two cards in the set. Two future World Series winning managers here too, with Ozzie Guillen and Bruce Bochy.

 

2 comments:

  1. These are so fantastic. Didn't you get all these for like $10? So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the plug!

    Steve Jeltz has had a pretty interesting life post baseball, including that brief stint as a bounty hunter.

    ReplyDelete