Monday, August 30, 2021

Off-grade vintage fun

 I was able to get another little lot of vintage for a quarter a card. Naturally, at this price, the cards were in rough shape, but that's OK by me. In most cases, I'll trade the best-conditioned version of a card I have already.

Some '68s with ragged cuts along the edges, almost like they were cut out of a cereal box. Davidson and Merritt were needs for me, the others are available for trade.

One stray '67 here, the rest are '66s, some of which are ragged too, others have writing on the front or back. Some moderately big names for trade (McCarver, Allen, Bauer, Roy White rookie). Five of the '66's were needs for me, including one high-number.
Getting into the better stuff now. Almost all the '64s were glued to an album or something and the backs are almost completely glued over. Still, Robin Roberts and especially Willie McCovey are great finds for a quarter! And I can always go to TCDB if I really want to read the backs. Got four other '64 needs here. The rest are available for trade.
These were all keepers, all great early '50s finds for a quarter each. The '51 Bowmans all were album glue casualties. The fronts look great though. The '53 Mitchell is trimmed. The damage to the '56 Walker is obvious but almost all my '56s are in rough shape. The mystery Tiger is Ike Delsing, but Bowman didn't always put names on the front so who cares that his name was erased?


2 comments: