Wednesday, August 11, 2021

2021 Yankee lot

 20 current Yankee cards for a buck. Pretty good deal there. This may be the worst team they've put on the field in many years but they still have some fun moments.

The cards in the photo were in mint condition. The seller threw them in a PWE with nothing around them. Here's how they arrived:

Pretty much every corner was dinged. Lucky I don't care about condition. If I did I'd be annoyed.

Some Topps cards. Pretty standard stuff.

2021 Donruss, including "Chef G", a nickname for Gerrit Cole that I'd never heard before. I know it's popular to dislike them, but I kind of like the design, and I barely notice the lack of logos.
Two copies of this Mariano Rivera card. I've seen on other blogs the pointless blank space above the name.
Maybe I've missed it, but the back has an odd change too. The card number used to be inside the baseball. Now the baseball is empty and the card number has moved to the right.
Donruss has some nice foil parallels. I like them.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like someone is new to collecting and/or selling, and most certainly needs a lesson on how properly ship cards. People like this should have to pass some kind of test before being allowed to sell cards online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that shipping method was a big fail.

    Donruss should have kept the number in the baseball. Looked better that way.

    ReplyDelete