Monday, May 22, 2023

Small transaction roundup

Got some more cards in from various TCDB members. Also have NOT gotten cards from one member - I sent him cards in March, it's now two months later and no reply, not even an indication if he's gotten it. He's logged in a few times since then, but no response to my messages, I don't even know if he's gotten the cards that I sent him. Have any of you been in that situation? Do you change status to "Problem" and/or give bad feedback? Fortunately not much of value was going either way.

On to the good guys of TCDB (and it does seem to be all guys):

BLWinborn40 hit my wantlists again with a few more '18s.

Some of you may remember former blogger Mjprigge, a Brewers fan. He hit a variety of my wantlists with this mostly-Milwaukee trade.
MViP likes to haggle, which is fine with me. We ended up with a nice-sized variety trade.
My favorites were these from the 1998 Metal set, which I am trying to complete because the backgrounds are so interesting. I'm a long way from done but when I am I think I'll do a set blog on it. I love the view of Central Park, circa 1997. There would be some more supertall skyscrapers in that view today.
This is my third trade already with Jaskau82, who further whittled down my '21 set.
Finally, here's one from eBay. It's a few inserts from the 1994 Fleer Excel set. The lot cost $1 with free shipping. The free shipping meant the cards were just mailed off loose in the envelope - nothing to even secure the cards in place. I am sure it will surprise some of the cereal-cardboard fans out there that there was no damage worse than some dinged corners, the cards didn't get eaten up by postal machinery or creased en route. And not being condition-conscious, a few dinged corners are fine with me, good for laugh is all.




6 comments:

  1. If he's logging in and not so much as replying to your messages after two months, I'd have to say bad feedback is warranted. You may also consider a forum post warning others of this person's bad practices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I'm not on TCDB, but with regard to eBay and such, I would never leave bad feedback without giving the other party a chance to make things right. If I've asked multiple times and gotten no response, though, bad feedback is not only acceptable, it's a service to others. Depending on what you've written to him and how often, you might consider one last message telling him you'll leave bad feedback if he doesn't reply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only unresponsive member of TCDB that I've run into was a known scammer.

    Also I have come across a couple female traders on TCDB. One trade partner was a Tigers fan, the other had a female-sounding name, but I can't say for sure I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to mark one trade "Problem" after my trading partner passed away. I felt guilty since I had received my cards but left positive feedback (last one he received, I believe)

    I'll probably jinx it now, but I've not had cards lost in the mail in either direction nor been scammed yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd leave negative feedback, you've given them enough chances!

    I've thought about working on that Metal set too, but if I ever do, it probably will still be a couple of years down the road. Or I won't, I don't know. As far as your blogging about the set goes though, I think you'll be the right person to do such a thing :)

    ReplyDelete