Thursday, May 11, 2023

Joy of a completed half-set: 2023 Topps Series I (trade with TCDBer GoliathCards)

I've gotten so many trade proposals from TCDBers to knock out my recent Topps needs that I was reluctant to put my 2023 needs up there, as I didn't really want to get inundated with offers about a set that' lower in priority for me. Fortunately, I won't have to do that for Series I, as a big trade with GoliathCards netted me the 250 cards I still needed for the series. He is newer to TCDB, has a lot of cards from the last couple of years to trade, and is looking to complete a run of Topps Mariners and Pilots cards. I had plenty of those so we had a nice trade.

There's the haul, 250 2023s plus three 2022s.

I tried to pick out a few interesting cards but it wasn't easy. Topps these days reminds me of the old Score sets - all action photos, but basically the same 6 or 7 actions. Batter swinging, pitcher mid-windup, etc etc. I know lots of others have mentioned that as well. I picked out a few photos that were at least a little different from the masses. The Swaggerty card also stood out to me - I wonder if it was intentional that Topps used a photo where it looks like his jersey just says "Swagger".


1 comment:

  1. congrats on the completion, now let's get series two on the way

    ReplyDelete