Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Not-so-small transaction roundup

I've had a few more trade packages from TCDB come in this week. None have been very large, but they were all filled with some really great cards.

I recently traded with OP_Cards for a 1970 Thurman Munson rookie. He reached out to me for another trade which I was very happy to do. I sent him about 30 cards, vintage and modern, a lot of Piazzas (he is a Mets fan). In return I was able to knock off two big names from my 1969 setbuild, which has gotten down to just 62 to go. It's a nice pairing of two pitchers who would square off in the World Series that year and go on to be the best pitcher in each league for the next decade.

Another all-vintage trade with Brandon Miller. Not as big names but some really nice-looking photos. I like how Lyman Bostock's necklace color-coordinates with his uniform.
MarcoD70 sent a nice variety of modern cards. My favorite is the Sportflix card of Tino 1st Base, traded to the Yankees. That worked out very well!

Finally, I got a nice six-pack of cards from nozzlemaster. Here are four of them, including a couple of cereal cards from different eras.
The other two were particularly fun. Of all the fading superstars the Yankees have acquired at the end of their usefulness, I think Jose Canseco was the most incongruous. I never got used to seeing him as a Yankee when he was with the team for the 2000 world championship run, and I still enjoy coming across cards of him in a Yankee uniform. The other one I found browsing TCDB's various tags for funny cards. Young Joey Wendle appears to be giving the photographer the finger, kind of in the spirit of older legends Billy Martin and Frank Thomas.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed that you're able to trade for '69 HOFers, in any condition. The Kellogg's Terry Puhl is a neat card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that photo on Jim King's card. I'll have to add it to my list of cards to try and remember to look for occasionally.

    ReplyDelete