Saturday, May 20, 2023

Cards from Night Owl

I sent Night Owl a PWE with some of his 1965 needs, and he sent me a really fun PWE packed with a fun vintage and modern variety.

Spencer Strider is the next-to-last card I need for the 2022 set. Now I just need Wander Franco. Might be a while until I get that one. Hardball Galaxy is a fun insert set, but my favorite is that Joe DiMaggio card, mostly for the patch on the Clipper's sleeve. The pyramid and sphere are the Trylon and Perisphere, the symbol of the 1939-40 World's Fair in New York. I've seen World's Fair patches on photos of the Yankees in 1939-40 and the Mets in 1964-65, but that is the most prominent one I've seen.

Some fun vintage too! A couple of 77 OPCs, a '75 Kelloggs Bake McBride and a '61 Fleer Joe Sewell provide some variety, while Jose Tartabull and Ron Santo help the 1970 and 1971 setbuilds.


4 comments:

  1. You have one of the most extensive and varied want lists I know, and that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That patch is really great. I could see myself getting a copy of that card at some point just for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff from the Night Owl!

    ReplyDelete