Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Small transaction roundup

Lots of cards coming in lately . . .

I picked up a lot of 88 1967 Topps cards for under $8 on eBay. They are all written on or otherwise in poor shape, but I couldn't pass up dime '67s. I needed 7 of the cards including the Clemente checklist, so I'm happy.

 

This lot of 69 out of the 70 1976 Isaly disks came out to a quarter each. The one missing was Nolan Ryan. Not in a hurry to get it, this is not the most exciting set, just a bunch of black-and-white headshots. Still, any time I can cheaply get a vintage card of Aaron, Rose, etc., I'll do it.

I spent just over a dollar on a lot of 20 Bernie Williams cards, and needed 14 of them! There's a numbered card and a few shiny ones. He's already been kind of forgotten today, but the Yankees wouldn't have won any of those 1996-2000 World Series without him.
A couple of recent TCDB pickups. Puma1125 hit some Dodger needs from the 1978 SSPC set, a cool LT card with an NYC skyline...
. . . and a few other set build needs as well.
Finally, DSPokecards hit some 2021 needs, one of my last 2008 Update needs, and a card from the one time Bowman actually showed some personality.


 

4 comments:

  1. The '67s look like a good bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 92' Bowman had several cards with personality for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my first couple of 70's discs a few months ago. The fronts are okay, but I think I like the different backs more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely some nice vintage lot pick ups for the price.

    ReplyDelete