Sunday, March 5, 2023

Three TCDB trades

 I decided to try to systematically knock out my remaining 1973 needs by proactively reaching out to TCDBers with the cards I needed. Looks like I won't complete my set this way but I am making progress. That includes these five high numbers from ErikMShapiro.

Two more from the last series came from Pucklord333. They were joined by a fantastic '59, Pete Whisenant.

The cartoon on the back is an all-time great. Keep in mind that Pete lists his favorite hobby as eating.

I did another small vintage trade with JMKidd. He sent me five '58s, including Pete Whisenant. Was he hungry then too?
You bet! Which Pete Whisenant eating cartoon do you like better? I'm kind of partial to the '59.
That trade also got me three from the '61 set . . .
. . . and four from 1968!
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm telling you, your are certainly working that network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your progress towards completing those sets. I'm not exactly a trading machine on TCDb but my 133 trades on there (so far) have helped my collection tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always surprised by the vintage trades done on TCDB. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with black bordered 59's.

    ReplyDelete