Saturday, March 4, 2023

TCDB trade: Noy

Nice big trade with TCDBer Noy. This was a moderately-sized vintage trade augmented with lots of low-priority 90s base cards (for him) and 20s base cards (for me). 

Starting out with the bulk modern stuff. I don't get terribly excited about these, but I do like to try to have a complete base Topps set for each year. 

There are some modern cards that I do really like. I've been enjoying the Heritage Flashback cards more and more lately (both the News and Baseball versions). Some more modern cards I picked out include a rare sighting of Steve Carlton as a Giant, and two sluggers I really enjoyed when they were Yankees.
You may notice that the Winfield card says Star '88. So it's a 1988 card? The back only has stats up to 1986. So it's a 1987 card? The copyright is 1984, though! I don't think I've ever seen a card that seems to be from three different years at the same time. Also notice that he's just "Dave", on the front and back.
On to the vintage, with a trio of 1972 needs.
Some great cards here. Any Mantle-era Yankees team card is a big deal, and the Fergie Jenkins card is great too. The Don Mossi card I also really like, because you can see the fans so clearly in the background, which is a rarity for the era.
Wrapping it up with some 1959 and 1960 needs.

 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting on the star Winfield. I wonder if Dan on tcdb would know since he worked for them

    ReplyDelete