Monday, March 6, 2023

Hough and stuff

I spent more than I usually do on a lot like this ($18 for 71 cards, most of which I had already) but there was a '73 high number that is one of the tougher ones I still needed, so I decided to go for it. Most of the other cards I already had, but at least there are in excellent condition which will make trading them easier, especially on TCDB where the average collector is a lot more condition-focused.

This isn't even Charlie Hough's rookie card (he's also in the '72 set) but it's a high-number and one of the tougher ones in the '73 set. Twenty years later he was still pitching in the major leagues. The rest of these '73s I had already, none are high numbers.

Several cards older than Hough, but I had them all already! I've already flipped one of the '59s in a TCDB trade, which will turn it into four 1961 needs. Not bad.
'74-'76. Had them all already. In the eBay photos I thought one of the '75s was a mini, but it wasn't.
1977. This time I was right about parallels - all the cards on the bottom are actually cloth stickers!
Late 70s and early 80s, trade bait all.
Some more miscellaneous cards I had already.
Vintage oddballs. I already had the Lynn, now I need three more. Bobby Murcer and the two Kelloggs Senators are new to me!
Some modern cards, all of which I did need, fortunately.

 

5 comments:

  1. That '71 Odom looks super sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took the plunge on eBay last night on the 73 Hough card, then found one this morning for less than half the price I paid. So I bought that one, too. As you say - trade bait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a range of years there. Nice win with the cloth stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, I never see lots like that. I need to study ebay a little more carefully, I've been slacking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a pretty good lot for $18. And I don't know how it's possible, but I believe that this is the first time that I'm seeing Odom's '72 IA. Neat card.

    ReplyDelete