Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Trade with Cards as I See Them

I was able to find a few cards for Cards as I See Them in my recent Dodgers haul. In return he sent me a fun, eclectic mix of vintage and modern cards.

From the 1960s: Just a few days ago I had gotten the '63 Eli Grba with Ryne Duren's photo on it. Now I've got the actual Duren from that set.

Early '70s: Gary Gentry was a rookie star on the '69 Mets, winning 13 games. But Topps wasn't getting new photos in, so they had to use an airbrushed minor league photo. Thankfully there were all-new photos in '71. I'm intrigued by the sign learning against the wall in the back of Steve Kealey's card. I wish I knew what it said.

Two '73 high numbers as I get closer to completion on this set! Just 36 cards to go, 30 of them high numbers. Some fun backgrounds here.

Starting the modern cards with some '07 UD set needs.
GCRL posted this recently on his blog. He pointed out that the other guy (John Patterson?) is holding a glove with Matt Williams's name on it. That's got to be pretty unusual. They are also wearing different jerseys. A spring training workout? With the card in hand, I also noticed Williams's goofy smile in the insert photo. What a great card.
Finally, two cards of the two Captains. I especially love the Mattingly's, as they are both from sets that I already really liked, so I'm very happy to get cards from them of my favorite player.


1 comment:

  1. The Matt Williams card is really fun. I've got one sitting in my Sportlots cart, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

    ReplyDelete