Thursday, April 7, 2022

Route '66

I picked up an OK lot of '66 Topps recently. 200 cards for about $20 which is nice, but heavy duplication and I only needed about 20 of the cards. I knew that going in. Good news is that they are in pretty good condition. Less good news is that they are not the most exciting trade bait. Hopefully some of you are starting to work on a '66 set or like vintage cards of KC A's, Washington Senators, Cleveland Indians etc.

Some highlights among the keepers. Not really any big names. The unusual dark printing on the back of Hal Lanier's card was probably the most interesting element on any of these.

Lots and lots to trade now from '66.

Here are some of the best cards available. A fair amount of minor stars and familiar names.




3 comments:

  1. Wonder if Don McMahon and Pat Corrales are incredulously looking at the same thing...

    I sent that Lachemann to him TTM and he signed for me (he's a former Cubs coach).

    Nice lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given your thrifty ways, I'm bit surprised you would've bought this one with so few cards needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pickup. Can't complain about 66T cards for a dime each.

    ReplyDelete