Thursday, April 14, 2022

Mateo Miramontes on baseball cards

Mateo Miramontes was the Mets' sixth-round pick in 2003 and pitched in their organization for three years, before his career was shortened due to injuries. His best season was 2004, when he went 1-0 with a 3.14 ERA for the Gulf Coast Mets. Now the head baseball coach at Monte Vista High School in Danville, CA, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I collected cards as a kid just like everyone else. The big find I had was my mom came home with a couple uncut sheets of cards. I thought it was the coolest. Hung on my wall through college. Since then I have my own cards from my playing days and a couple of my buddies who played pro ball as well. Really I just keep them as a memory of a great time in my life of getting to play ball at a high level with some really great people."


 

Thanks!


1 comment: