Saturday, April 9, 2022

Don Ferrarese on baseball cards

Don Ferrarese pitched for the Orioles, Indians, White Sox, Phillies and Cardinals from 1955 to 1962. His best season was 1959, when he went 5-3 with a 3.20 ERA. Overall, in 183 games (50 starts) he went 19-36 with a 4.00 ERA. After his retirement he went into his family's restaurant business, and has been heavily involved with charitable endeavors, having raised over $2 million dollars for local groups. To this day his Don Ferrarese Charitable Foundation awards thousands in scholarships, and sponsors an annual holiday toy drive. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players? No stories, but I get more cards in the mail now than I ever did before.

Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player? My rookie card and my 1962 card are my favorite, they are the most valuable of my cards.


Do you collect baseball cards? No, I gave them all away.

Thanks!


3 comments:

  1. Always cool to read responses from a veteran player!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would imagine that most of the living players from his era have seen a huge uptick in TTM requests since the boom got going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Don signs anything for free.... Always

    ReplyDelete