Sunday, April 24, 2022

Cards from It's Like Having My Own Card Shop

I got a very nice PWE from It's Like Having My Own Card Shop. One vintage card but it's a biggie. Reggie! The card looks great in person; the blur in the background and in the front add to the action feel. The back tells about how he stole home to tie an ALCS game but got hurt and had to miss the World Series.

Now the only cards, other than high numbers, that I need for the '73 set are two All-Time Leaders cards, Bob Gibson, Willie Mays, and of all people, Glenn Borgmann.

Daniel also sent some needs for my 1990 Leaf set. Three Hall-of-Famers and a Hall-of-Namer (great name).

Thanks!


6 comments:

  1. I've always thought the '73 Reggie is one of his stranger cards. Fits with '73 though I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this card a few times over the years, but didn't take the second to pause and realize he's still wearing one of those vests. Could have sworn they switched over in 1972... or maybe this is an older photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Reggie. One of these years I'm going to put together that Leaf set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully someone will be help out with those last couple of needs. If I were still going to shows, finding those couple for you would be one of my top priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hall of Namer. Love it. Might have to steal that for a mini collection that's currently on the back burner.

    ReplyDelete