Sunday, October 31, 2021

Broke the rule again

 Broke my $0.25/card rule for vintage - 10 1964's for $11. Why?

It wasn't for these. I had them already. Nice condition generally, though, so they'll be good trade bait.

It wasn't for these either, though Bobby Richardson in particular is a nice pickup.

This was the card that justified the price, for me. The autograph is fake, of course, but it's well done, not like a kid did it. And the star sticker is a nice touch. It's a one-of-a-kind version of an iconic card (Any original Mays base card is an iconic card in my opinion). I'm glad to have it in my collection.




5 comments:

  1. I wonder if the sticker was placed there to denote his being an All-Star. Seems like something that a youngster might do.

    If nobody else has already spoken up for it, could you set that Dick Groat aside for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice lot without the Mays. With the Willie it's a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willie Mays for about few bucks? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the only thing missing are the creases. LOL

    ReplyDelete