Saturday, October 30, 2021

Trade with Rick

 Rick is not a blogger but does have a trading website. I'd traded with him once before a few years ago. This time I sent him a variety of cards including some hockey, some pink cards for his granddaughter, and a whole lot of early 2010's Topps.

In return he sent me a fun, varied package. 

A lot of the cards were some set needs from various years, mostly 90's, some 80's Sportflics. I'd never seen a Tri-Stars card in the '88 set.

He also sent about 100 cards from '79 OPC. Some notable cards included some key players from the Bronx Zoo era.

There were a few cards I had already, some trade bait for those of you who enjoy OPC cards of this era:

Speaking of trade bait, he also sent most of the commons from the 1995 Topps D3 set, the company's attempt at a Sportflics ripoff. I had almost all of them already, so if anyone has needs from this set, let me know:

Of course, this big trade had a vintage component! Phil Niekro is my first 1970 Topps Super. The Supers are really nice cards, particularly in person. He towers over the other 70's cards from this trade.
I did want to highlight these two great cards taken in front of the same fence. The Fairly is one of the best palm-tree cards I've seen.
Finally, some older vintage. As noted before, Rick has accumulated a lot of pink cards for his granddaughter, hence the two pink cards here, which he had presumably upgraded from.






3 comments:

  1. Mudcat sighting. Got your cards today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have traded with Rick many times over the years in OBC, awesome to deal with

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Frank Thomas card up top is pretty different for him.

    ReplyDelete