Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Chip Conklin on baseball cards

Infielder Chip Conklin played six seasons in the Mariners and A's organization. In 555 minor league games he hit .254 with 62 HR and 257 RBI. Now a Senior Managing Director at the commercial real estate firm Savills, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"As a boy I collected cards, but have not done so since that time. I still have most of the collection today. Honestly, I do not have a favorite card of myself or any story of interest to tell about them. If push came to shove, I would have to say that my most treasured card is of Mickey Mantle as he was my boyhood hero. I think the card is from the 1968 Topps series."

Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. It's interesting to see how many of these former career minor leaguers found success in business/finance/real estate after finally giving up their dream of playing in the bigs.

    ReplyDelete