Sunday, September 5, 2021

Really rough cards

 I picked up a lot of 15 cards, 1959-1965, for $3. Can't beat that price. I knew they would be rough, but they were even worse than they looked. Pretty much all the cards were stiff and almost brittle, with a couple feeling like they will break apart if handled too roughly. I think they all got wet and then dried, probably many decades ago. Still, my vintage collection has plenty of rough cards in them, so these fit right in.

Ten of the cards I needed. A couple of these (Arias and Aspromonte) were high numbers. They don't look great but I don't find any of the damage offensive, you can still see pretty much the whole picture on each card.

Five of the cards were duplicates for me. The '60 Harry Chiti was in the best shape in the lot. He'll go in my trade box, though when it comes time to trade it I'll swap it out for the better one I already have, I don't mind this one. The other four are too rough for me to put up for trade in good conscience. Still, I certainly can't throw out cards this old. Anyone (US only) who wants them, I'll give them away for free. Otherwise they might show up in a random trade package for someone at some point.




5 comments:

  1. I'm just appreciative those cards survived all these years without anyone throwing them out. That's impressive all on its own. (And if you need a home for that poor old Earl Averill, I'd gladly take it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... when you said rough, you weren't kidding. See that 1960 Topps Tom Ac... made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's Mossi's first name?! Just kidding, the ears give him away.

    ReplyDelete