Monday, September 20, 2021

1958 Topps borderless minis

 If you're going to try to collect every vintage set like I am, you have to cut corners on condition. Literally, sometimes. I was able to pick up a good-sized lot of 1958's for cheap because some kid in 1958 decided they'd look better without borders. 

I think they look rather nice without the borders. Almost all the cards are Orioles, Phillies, Reds or White Sox.

Trimming the borders didn't take any content away from the backs, which was an important consideration for me. The only downside is that it's a little annoying thumbing through my cards and having them be different sizes. But overall I am quite happy with them.

There were eight cards I had already. I can't really put them in my trade boxes, can I? I know most of you don't like trimmed cards, but if someone wants some as a novelty, or is as liberal as I am about card condition, I'll give some away (US only, and only if we've traded before).



3 comments:

  1. They do look cool without the borders. I'd take a Cub, but none in the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested in a few. I just came into possession of a few 69s that are in atrocious condition, too. I have 2 from your wantlist. They are creased, crinkle, and suffering from paper loss. Care for a swap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing that there's folks like you out there, because if there weren't, I think a lot of things like this would just end up in the trash.

    ReplyDelete