Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Joey Gomes on baseball cards

Outfielder Joey Gomes played ten seasons of professional baseball, mostly in the Devil Rays organization. In 459 minor league games he hit .297 with 50 HR and 267 RBI. Now the owner of PartyOutFront baseball instruction and the Head Coach for the Healdsburg Prune Packers of the California Collegiate League, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I have a few cards out there floating around. I gave the game what I had, while I had it. Truth be told I had to google search the cards because I don’t have most of them. Needed to see which ones I remember or liked. I suppose my 2 favorite card(s) are my first card & the Upper Deck quad card w/Joe DiMaggio (Brian Grant/Rich Hill). I was too young to put together the notion, “folks collect images of me..” Pretty cool and humbling now looking back."

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment