Sunday, December 10, 2023

Two from bloggers

A couple of nice PWEs from fellow bloggers . . . 

Tom of The Angels, In Order has been sending around some "blogger appreciation" gifts and I was fortunate to receive one. Three big stars for my 1991 Line Drive AA set. I am down to just two more needs, both Rangers (#586 Barry Manuel and #592 Ivan Rodriguez).

I got a particularly eclectic mix of cards in my latest Time Travel trade with Matt of Diamond Jesters. Some shiny modern cards, some early 90's Score needs, some junk-wax era football needs, a vintage football card and a vintage baseball card!


5 comments:

  1. Love those '91 Line Drive sets. Need to finish chasing them someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pickups, I like seeing superstars/HOFers before they made the bigs. Also, good to see you got the Ricketts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Thome. I wonder if it was a posed shot. Regardless... it's nice to see him from his early years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not quite early pro debut career images, but it is fun to see MLB players at a various stages in the minors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that Jim Thome card is really nice. It's always a bit weird to see him back before he bulked up.

    ReplyDelete