Sunday, December 24, 2023

A Stout package

An OBCer named Joe Stout was looking to build out his collection of modern Topps sets, and needed starters for 1998 Series 2 and all of 2011. I was able to send him a box of about 1,000 cards from those sets to get him most of the way. In return he sent a really fantastic variety package of vintage cards.

Starting off strong with ten cards from the 1950s.

Just some 1960s common cards? Not really, each is a high number.
Some 1960s inserts. I really like the 1970 booklets. These were the last two commons I needed, the rest of my needs are all HOFers (and Pete Rose).
Finally, knocking off my last All Star need from 1970 Topps, and the tough Ernie Banks final card from 1971 Topps!


2 comments:

  1. I guess it's just because of the angle/pose, but it's funny how much younger Bobby Del Greco looks on that '62 than he does on all of his earlier cards.

    ReplyDelete