Thursday, December 14, 2023

Andy, Beverly, Brady, Hogan

Here are the rest of the cards I received from Crocodile. While I certainly like them, they don't necessarily fit into my collection so I'd be quite happy to pass any on to others who could use them. If there are any shows or individual cards you are interested in, leave a comment. 

There were so many Andy Griffith Show cards that I needed to take two photos. The color ones I find interesting because I only remember watching black-and-white episodes of this show. It looks so much more modern in color. The color photo at the gas station I found interesting with the signs in the background. One has Smokey Bear. The other, a thermometers, says "Treat Yourself to the Best", which was the slogan of Mail Pouch Tobacco. There are a few of these on eBay in the $400-$600 dollar range.

 More Andy Griffith. The only missing card was from this show, and also the only duplicates.

Beverly Hillbillies. I don't think I ever watched a full episode of this show. Lots of animals on these cards.
When these cards came out in 1998 The Brady Bunch was seeing a big resurgence in popularity. You may notice too cards that look like duplicates but the photos are actually slightly different. Also as Crocodile noticed on his blog, the dad Mike Brady is nowhere to be found. I'm guessing there were rights issues, as I believe the actor Robert Reed was unhappy about what the show did to his career as a serious actor.
Finally Hogan's Heroes which was certainly an unusual idea for a show but it worked surprisingly well. Hogan himself, Bob Crane, is on a couple of these cards but I'm guessing Inkworks de-emphasized him after his murder and the scandalous details of his personal life that came to light after.


2 comments:

  1. I got a good mix of the cards from Crocodile Cards as well, I notice that they aren't the same mix. The Brady Bunch is the only one I'm interested in completing, looks like you have one that I need -- the kids on the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen every episode of the first two shows, but have never seen a single one of Hogan's Heroes. The concept for that show didn't interest me in the least as a kid.

    ReplyDelete