Saturday, December 31, 2022

Some '73 high numbers

I completed a nice little vintage trade with a TCDB user named woodmangb. I sent him some of his vintage needs, and he sent me back some '73 high numbers. Right now my only wants up on the site are for 1973 as that is the set I am closest to finishing, but in 2023 I plan to put the rest of my vintage wants and my priority modern wants on there.

Here are the seven cards I got in the trade. Looks like I forgot to update the site at one point because two of them I had already, Hickman and Newman. Oh well, maybe a blogger will want them, and if not they will be pretty good trade bait on TCDB.

My favorite of these by far is Twins pitcher Bill Hands, who by the miracle of airbrushing is pitching an interleague game at Wrigley Field a quarter of a century before the start of interleague play.


4 comments:

  1. Traded with Gary a few times, including getting some 73s from him. Much better then paying $2 (or more) for them somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hands is a great looking action shot. Thanks for pointing out the Twins at Wrigley thing. Didn't see catch that or the airbrushing. My focus was purely on the action. Happy New Year Bo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like they're in really great shape too!

    ReplyDelete