Monday, December 12, 2022

Jarrod Washburn on baseball cards

Jarrod Washburn played twelve seasons in the major leagues for the Angels, Mariners and Tigers. His best season was 2002, when he went 18-6 with a 3.15 ERA, helping the Angels to a world championship. Overall in 312 games, he went 107-109 with a 4.10 ERA. Now the owner of Major League Bucks and Clam River Whitetails in Webster, WI, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I used to collect as a kid. I think I ended up with around 20,000 of them. I stopped collecting them as I got older but did try to collect at least 1 of each of the ones made that were of me. I don't necessarily have a favorite one of myself. A lot of them I like. My favorite of the collection from when I was younger is probably the Don Mattingly rookie card. He was my favorite player growing up so always really loved that card."


 Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing him pitch against the Mariners quite a bit; often successfully.

    ReplyDelete