Sunday, January 1, 2023

Time traveling across the years

Last year I got my envelope from Diamond Jesters from our latest time travel trade. A year later I am now posting it. But I only got it yesterday! The mysteries of time travel . . . 

Starting off with the lone vintage card, this awesome 1959 Topps card of Sam Jones. I had recently written a post about him, so I was glad to add this one to my collection. Great photo, too.

Fast forward 60 years but somehow still in 1959 with this terrific Sandy Koufax card. And I think it's pretty funny that for a set called "150 Years of Fun" Topps used a rare picture of Babe Ruth not smiling.
Some more modern baseball cards, including a Topps Gold Derek Jeter! Another copy of the sliding Josh Harrison card came in a trade right before this, so this one is available. I know it was a popular card last year.
Finishing off with three football cards. The John Riggins card was meant to be respectful, though I'm not sure it would still be considered that way today. No such issue with the two Simmons cards. One is a great action photo, the other is a fun purple shiny.


4 comments:

  1. That Score football set vaults me right back to my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 9 of that Riggins card...in my riggins x9 binder...crazy quest, but an entire page of one card does look cool when it is one of your favorite players

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it that Sad Sam looks less gloomy than the Babe?

    P.S. Love that first paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully it won't take another year to post the next Time Travel Trade! ;)

    ReplyDelete