Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Another great TCDB trade

Here is another example of how traders on TCDB can be great. Many of them are just as nice as bloggers, and as our numbers aren't increasing, it's a great way to have access to different cards.

Hoggster is a Twins and Packers fan. He reached out to me to propose a two-for-two swap. I saw that we could do a much bigger trade and he agreed. I ended up with about 100 cards for him, including maybe 20 vintage. Mostly commons other than a fair amount of Kirby Pucketts, whom he PCs. In return I asked for about 25 vintage cards back. He thought that wasn't enough of a return and he ended up throwing in more vintage cards than I had originally asked for, and these were some pretty big stars for the most part. Some were low grade, but that doesn't bother me and I was more than happy to add all of these to my collection.

Two vintage oddballs, plus the oldest cards in the package, ranging from '61 to '68.

Some big names in the '69 set, plus a high-numbered rookie card. I'm down to just 75 needs for this set, though I still need almost all the big star cards.
Four '69 Deckle Edge cards. The Rose card had a little writing on the back - from Hoggster himself when he was a boy - but I don't mind and the backs of Deckles are basically useless anyway.
Some big names here from '72. Mays, Aaron and Carlton were all cards he added into the trade. He didn't even have the Mays on his TCDB list. I only need five cards from the first 400 now in 1972, though I still need a great deal of the back end of the set.
But all these semi-high numbers help with that!
These were the two that started off the trade. Aaron was one of four non-high-numbers I needed from the '73 set. (Still need Mays, Gibson and the Cobb All-Time Leader.) Bolin brings the number of high-numbers needed to 25. Eventually I plan to start systematically using TCDB to try knock out the rest of this set.
Good things happen on TCDB if you are friendly and generous, just like here on the blogs.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know what you sent, but it's hard to believe that 100 modern cards could've topped what's all here. The Kellogg's cut-out is especially cool. I would've been all over that had I known one was available.

    ReplyDelete