Monday, December 19, 2022

1986 Topps stickers lot

My introduction to major league baseball came via the 1986 Topps sticker book. It was the first baseball thing  I collected, any my first introduction to most players active in 1986 when I started following baseball came from these stickers. Unfortunately I did not keep my old sticker books but I have new ones for all of the 1980s Topps baseball sets and have occasionally been adding stickers. Sadly I did not have many for my favorite book, 1986, but I was able to somewhat rectify it with a lot of over 100 stickers for just $2 shipped.

In 1986 I collected maybe 2/3 or 3/4 of the stickers, so most of these photos are very familiar and bring back fond memories. It is also fun to see stickers I never got the first time around.

Pulling out a few of my favorites. SO many interesting poses like Mike Davis sitting almost cross-legged as he stretches, Herm Winningham looking like he's falling down, crawling to the base. One-armed Willie Hernandez. Willie McGee with stats written on the bill of his cap. Chet Lemon being interviewed. Etc etc
There was some duplication in the lot, and I had a few already. When I was done putting stickers in the book, these were left over as trade bait. Hopefully these will be useful for someone else's collection!


4 comments:

  1. I wish I still had my sticker book from 1982. I almost had it complete...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to figure out (in time) any of those books that I still have. but it will be awhile for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. That photo of Mike Davis is awesome! If he were a tad bit more popular, it would be cool to see him appear on a Stadium Club card with that photo. I remember watching him play back in the 80's at the Coliseum.

    B. Nice purchase. No way I'd pass up $2 shipped for this stack of stickers. Although I don't think I was still buying these by the time 1986 rolled around. All my money was being spent on packs of baseball cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sticking them in the book?

    ReplyDelete