Friday, December 16, 2022

Cards from a box of tea

I picked up a lot of 22 cards on eBay for $3.25. Free shipping. So how did the seller save money shipping the cards? He stuck them in a box of tea he probably took out of the garbage, stuck the cards in (in toploaders at least), closed the box, and mailed it off without even sealing it! The box arrived open but miraculously all the cards were there and undamaged. Nice work by the post office there.

The reason I bought this lot was these four cards: My first ever 1977 Topps cloth stickers! Some big names, too.

The rest of the cards were modern, though almost all were stars of the past. These 11 I also needed. My favorites are the Roger Maris cards.
These seven cards are trade bait. Hall of Famers all.


5 comments:

  1. Very cool! I need to track down some of those older cloth stickers. I have a couple of the ones Topps did in sets from the past 10 or so years, but the original ones are fun. (Also, the shipping method DOES leave a bit to be desired!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard and seen some bad shipping stories over the years, and that has to be in the top 5...or bottom 5 would be more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always amazed at how some people package things. Good on the post office for getting it to you in one piece. Nice deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge fan of the 1977 Topps Cloth set.
    Picked one up for my collection back in 2010... and I'm so glad I did... because prices are so inflated these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all critique to the USPS, and often rightly so, but we should also be offering up praise when they do good; as was clearly the case here!

    ReplyDelete