Sunday, October 30, 2022

Ben's Biz cards

These were in that big lot of inserts and parallels I mentioned a while back. A lot of cards (maybe 2/3 of the sets) of the Ben's Biz cards that appeared in a few sets of Topps Pro Debut. A guy named Ben Hill visited a lot of minor league parks and took some weird and wacky photos for some insert sets.

Here are a few favorites, like this team executive and memorabilia collector. I'm sure we can all identify with this guy.
Here's an example of a more unusual one, with players watching an eclipse.
How about a team store in an old synagogue?
I remember seeing this card a while back on another blog. (Maybe Dime Boxes?) Happy to add this one into my collection.
This card of "toilet paper first pitch" from a Kleenex-sponsored "salute to paper" night has to be the most bathroom humor on a card, right?
Not even close. Jamestown has a new stadium now, so you can't use the bathroom while watching the game, but this card will ensure that the locally-famous toilet's memory will live on.

 

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting set. I own one card (the San Jose Giants churro guy), but never bothered to check out the other cards in the set. Lots of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see where this would appeal to many. I think I'd like them a lot more though if they had come out back in the 80's or 90's.

    ReplyDelete