Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Time Travel Tradition

Here are my latest pickups from the monthly Time Travel Trades with Matt of Diamond Jesters. It's his birthday today!

Every year he buys a new pack of the flagship Topps set to add to the Time Travel Stack. For the past three years, it's been my tradition to wait a day for people to claim individual cards, and then I claimed the remainder for my first new cards of the year.

I basically like this year's design, front and back, with the exception of the quite glaring flaw of the card backs facing different ways. That is very frustrating for someone like me who collects whole sets and stores them in boxes. Still, happy to get a card of new Yankee Isiah Kiner-Falefa, and newish Yankee Anthony Rizzo, as well as the sunset card for Andrew Miller, and the Jonah Heim card which is quickly becoming a blogger favorite.

I also waited a day to claim some football cards I didn't have. I picked up a lot of '77 Topps.

Some modern football as well. My favorites were the shiny Julio Jones card, and the relic card of Sterling Shepard. Shepard has been one of the few bright spots on the dismal Giants teams of the past few years.





3 comments:

  1. Ken Houston was a stud, but the unlicensed era was rough for football cards.

    I sent in the Shep relic card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For awhile, I was scared a lack of cards in the area would kill the tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea who he is, but I really dig the chest protector that Jonah Heim is sporting.

    ReplyDelete