Friday, March 11, 2022

1962 lot

So glad that baseball is back and we'll have a full season.

I picked up a little lot of '62's, twenty of them for a little over my 25-cent rule. I did it because I really liked three of the cards.

My first floaty-headed '62 League Leaders card, and it's got Whitey Ford which is great. Harvey Haddix has a great Connie Mack Stadium shot. And I love the unusual setting for the Walt Alston card, with the random plank of wood behind him, and how often do you see a light switch on a baseball card? Believe it or not, that was what sealed the deal for me on this lot.

Overall I needed sixteen of the 21 cards in the lot. Here are the other keepers.

Here are the five up for trade. This was one of those lots advertised as low-grade where the cards were actually in pretty good shape. Ike Delock, who passed away last month, was in the lot twice. RIP.






6 comments: