Thursday, March 17, 2022

Flipping Mantle

I found a good home for the extra '65 Mantle HR Leader card I got recently in Jeff of Wax Pack Wonders. I sent him that card, plus some others that he needed, and I got a very nice return package. Lots of quantity and quality!

The centerpiece of the deal was the '72 Topps Cecil Cooper/Carlton Fisk rookie.

Jeff also sent some needed 60's commons.

The last vintage card was this one. I'd never owned a '73 checklist card before . . .
and I still don't! This liste de controle pour l'equipie is an OPC! I don't even have any '73 OPC Rangers (or checklists, for that matter).
Jeff also sent a couple of large stacks of modern cards. The one on the left is all '01 Topps Archives, while the right is a variety of cards topped off by a Jorge Posada rookie, which I personally think is pretty comparable if not better than a Carlton Fisk rookie.
Most of the newer cards were oddballs and Yankees. Broders are always fun, but how often do you notice the backs? This is a fun one.
Nice oddball Denny McLain from 1985.
I liked this unusual Babe Ruth photo.
Finally, I'd never seen a set dedicated to the Arizona Fall League before.



5 comments:

  1. Good batch of cards.

    Lee Maye was also a professional doo-wop singer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to get your package. Thanks for the trade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a seriously nice mailday. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Broder backs are always an adventure. And that checklist is pretty cool, I didn't even know that OPC had done them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ContrĂ´le is spelled wrong on that OPC card. Wonder if it was ever corrected

    ReplyDelete