Monday, March 7, 2022

Time travel oddballs

I didn't pick up any vintage in this month's Diamond Jesters Time Travel trade, but I did pick up some fun oddballs.

The Warren Cromartie is the second '83 Stuart Expo in my collection. The other two are firsts for me, in fact they are sets I had never seen before. That great widescreen photo of Gary Templeton bunting comes from a 1989 Padres team set. The Steve Rogers card comes from a 1992 Nabisco set which featured a historical look at the two Canadian MLB teams.

I picked up a couple of modern needs as well. Nice to get a Sportflic of a Hall of Famer!
I picked up a little football as well, including two great Joe Montana cards.

Generous Matt also threw in some bonus cards! I'm now down to needing just three more cards for my '92 O-Pee-Chee Premier set.




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I sent in two! Pretty sure the writing on the Cromartie is courtesy of my cousin Jason from when he was 3 or 4.

      Delete
  2. I love that Nabisco Expos set. Have a few in my binders even though I have absolutely no idea how or where I got 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen that Templeton... but now I'm on the hunt for the Gwynn from that set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn, I recently traded the Gwynn. Sorry! Would have been happy to send it to you.

      Delete