Thursday, March 10, 2022

A little Yankee lot

Following up on yesterday's Milton Bradley post - reader TraderJack identified the mystery man on the Hal King card. It's Jim King, the former Senators outfielder, who was out of baseball by 1969. Thanks Jack!

(And I did check the back of one of the cards to see if the red numbers match the '69 style. One did so I assume they all do.)

Here's another recent cheap eBay win. It's a modern Yankee lot, mostly very new cards. There were a few from the '80s so the seller slapped the word "vintage" in the title which is how I came across it. I usually don't bid on these but I was able to get it for well under a dime a card and it was mostly cards I didn't have.

It was nice to see all of these Mattinglys in the lot, even though I already had all of them.
Here were some standout cards to me. Lots of fun photos here.
Ending the post with some shiny fun. Hopefully we'll get to see these guys on the field sometime soon.

 



 

2 comments: