Sunday, February 12, 2023

Vintage winnings

Johnny's Trading Spot doesn't just send vintage ephemera, he also sends good old fashioned vintage baseball cards, such as in my latest contest winnings.

Three needs from 1968 Topps, one from 1970. I love the background on Frank Quilici's card, with the billboards on the outfield wall for Phillips 66 and WFTV (Orlando's Channel 9). 

These mostly high-grade '75s Johnny knew I already had, but figured I might use as upgrades. I prefer to use higher-grade vintage dupes for trading; either with bloggers if any of you need them, or if not on TCDB. I've started putting my vintage needs on there and it's brought out a lot of traders who only want higher-grade cards.


2 comments:

  1. I like the Quilici (and '68 in general) and the '75 Yanks are nice. But that '70 Allen looks so sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the name Ken Berry makes me think of "Mama's Family".

    ReplyDelete