Monday, February 20, 2023

Instant PC for $1

This isn't something I would do a lot, but there were a lot of shiny cards, so I figured it would be a fun thing to do. I won an auction of 15 Jesus Sanchez cards for just over a dollar. I think someone hoarded his cards two years ago after a fairly big rookie season, but he struggled a lot last year, so the seller realized they weren't going to make big $$$ on these. An anonymously named anonymous player on an anonymous team, Sanchez is an outfielder with some power but not much else. Maybe he'll end up as a Yankee at some point.

I don't think I've ever had so many parallels of the same card. I don't even have the base 2021 Topps card, but I now have the blue border, the Chrome (with two dupes), the cracked ice Chrome, the Chrome refractor, and the purple Chrome refractor. There were also two base Stadium Clubs and a red foil Stadium Club.

Some variety here with a Bowman insert, an A&G chrome, a 1986 chrome, a Panini, and a Heritage.


4 comments:

  1. Look at you prospecting :D These are nice cards and $1+ is great value, even if he is a Marlin. Maybe he'll bounce back in '23.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like the "instant collection" listings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice grab, especially for trade bait should you need it.

    ReplyDelete