Thursday, February 16, 2023

Small transaction roundup

A few recent little pickups . . . .

I did a little vintage trade with Bldrprof on TCDB. The post office stole the first card he sent me, and he was very quick to make up for it. Two great cards here.

Fun one-for-one trade with plevin. I traded him a '59 Hal Brown for this '61 Hal Brown. Largely forgotten now, Hal Brown was one of the first pitching aces for the Orioles after they relocated from St. Louis.
A few cheap eBay pickups came in recently. Three '62 Posts for 40 cents shipped is a great buy, even though I already had Jensen. The Malzone is my first vintage card with duct tape.
34 1969 MLB photostamps for $5, I couldn't pass up. I only needed about half of them, so if you need any let me know. These were all from AL teams.
I'm less likely to buy these little lots of modern cards, but a dime-a-card lot of 2003 Topps 206 minis appealed to me with a couple of Yankee stars and a jersey card.
Same with these Pacific Nolan Ryan cards. I do seem to be getting a lot of his cards lately. There were a lot of unusual photos in the various early 90's Ryan sets, and perhaps his popularity has waned a bit, making his cards drop to cheap prices.


2 comments: