Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Old school cards from Oldschoolcards

I did a vintage trade with a TCDB trader named, appropriately enough, Oldschoolcards. Here is what I got on my end:

Three from 1960 Topps. Jim Coates won two World Series with the Yankees.

Two semi-high numbers from '72, including another two-time Yankees World Series winner, Dick Tidrow. Jim Moyer is not Jamie Moyer's father (even though Jamie Moyer's father is named Jim Moyer).
Finally, a '73 Bob Gibson! This leaves me down to just needing Willie Mays and Ty Cobb outside of the high numbers in the '73 set. (Weird that Cobb, in that All Time Greats subset, is so hard to come by.) Gibson's sideburns look a lot like Joe Torre's in yesterday's post. I know they were good friends, I guess they even used the same barber.


2 comments: