Saturday, January 14, 2023

Baseball and Flashbacks

The Angels, In Order has been having some fun monthly trade bait posts. It's a fun way to pick up some cards I would not have thought to get on my own. I always appreciate the variety when people do posts like these.

In return for some cards for his Frank Tanana PC (TCDB is making trading people PC stuff so much easier), I got these cards. 

Six were regular baseball cards. The Carew is card #1 in the '91 Bowman set, which I still need lots of cards from. There are some Yankees, some oddballs, some shiny - lots of fun.

I think these two are my favorite. I've been enjoying the Baseball Flashback and News Flashback cards from Topps Heritage more and more lately. The Stones card is great, but I really like the card with the MLB stadium just sitting in the middle of what looks like a suburban neighborhood. It's actually a residential area of Los Angeles, near USC. The ballpark is LA's Wrigley Field. Like the Cubs ballpark, it was named after the gum magnate, and was primarily a minor league field, but was home of the Angels for their first season.

 


3 comments:

  1. The "lesser known" Wrigley Field! I need to get that card for my lesser known collection. Love a good team issue, so liking that Ed Vosberg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that photo of the old Angels ballpark is top notch.

    ReplyDelete