Thursday, January 19, 2023

3CDB

I've had a few more TCDBers reach out to me for small trades. It's nice giving my cards a new home and going through people's tradelists to pick out some interesting cards.

I traded some cards of Mets players in other uniforms to NYMHall in exchange for these three 1975 SSPC Yankees. These are different photos from the more well-known SSPC set. The top two are Sandy Alomar and Dick Tidrow; the bottom is Alex Johnson, who had a brief stop with the Yankees toward the end of his long MLB career. His only Topps card as a Yankee was airbrushed, so this is his only card in a real Yankee uniform.

I recently put my 1988 Donruss cards into TCDB, and already the copyright variations have yielded two trades. I sent some to Griffey423 and picked out some fun variety. I always like picking up the SCD and BCM ripoffs of old Topps designs. I really liked the comic-book explosion on Jay Buhner's card. The sliding Hershiser's appeal is obvious. I always thought of Mike Moore as kind of a journeyman, probably because he was on the Mariners for so long when they were a laughingstock. I thought a card listing him as "the final piece of the puzzle" was funny, though he was actually quite good with Oakland. I hope he is still remembered by A's fans today.
Finally, I turned a Rickey Henderson copyright variation into a great Broder card from 1988, thanks to Rickey supercollector Rherrod. Trades like these make it worth the extra time to look for variations.


1 comment:

  1. That Broder is pretty neat. I haven't seen too many of Rickey, which is kind of surprise given when most of those cards were made.

    ReplyDelete