Saturday, September 24, 2022

Vintage backgrounds: 1977 Topps Bob Forsch

Bob Forsch's 1977 Topps card is one of the better "parking lot" cards. It's close enough to the cars that someone who can tell a make and model of any older car could probably identify some of these.

There are plenty of interesting backgrounds in the '77 set but nothing else that really stood out for inclusion in a blog post. So what's next for this series? Lately, I've been more interested in the players' equipment, specifically what is written on them. So I plan to do yet another pass through my vintage cards and look for anything written on equipment that looks interesting. Maybe a name or nickname on a glove, something written on the bill of a cap, or a player's number on a bat knob that marks it as belonging to a player other than the person holding the bat. This may or may not end up being too ambitious for me, especially as I am also thinking of looking at this on my modern cards too. I'm thinking three or four of these at a time for a somewhat interesting blog post. What do you think?


 

4 comments:

  1. Depending on what you can find, that series could be fun. It'll be interesting to see if can catch anything that hasn't been spotted before, or at least something that hasn't been blogged about/posted in a forum about before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me. You always find interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I get the feeling you're going to discover a "Billy Ripken-esque" word on someones equipment?

    ReplyDelete