Sunday, August 28, 2022

Worn and dirty, for $1.30

I was able to scoop up 13 vintage cards for a dime each. Needless to say there were a lot of condition issues, but it was an easy choice for me to pick up these cards so quickly. 

I needed eight of the cards in the lot. The best one is the '61 Konstanty, but I'm glad to add all of these to my various vintage setbuilds. The two Official Baseball Quiz cards were something I had not seen before. Apparently they came in packs of Fleer patches in the early 1970s. They have a 1968 copyright date on them, but that actually refers to the MLB logo, which was still pretty new at the time.

Five cards that are "trade bait". The two cards of Giants pitchers are actually in pretty good shape. Not so much for the other three, including the Frank Howard card, where the line out has become a home run, maybe due to some early instant replay.


 


2 comments:

  1. I've seen those quiz cards around and IIRC, there are football quiz cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wonder where the sellers find these kind of lots.

    ReplyDelete