Sunday, August 14, 2022

Third Place from the Third Floor

View from the Third Floor had a fun contest, guessing his top nine players for each time. I figured out fairly quickly that he leaned toward a team's best/most prominent players from the 1970s, then filled in with that team's very biggest stars from the 1980s on. I had the most players per team but missed a few days so only made third place.

I got a very nice PWE for my prize. There were six cards I did not have before, all very welcome to my collection. My favorite is the Jeter, but that Griffey insert is really great, as is the shiny Japanese (BBM) card. Hiroshi Hirao had a 17-year career in Japan, with Game 7 heroics in the 2004 and 2008 Japan Series, helping Seibu win both times.



5 comments:

  1. Wow. 2 Game 7 heroics? Sounds like Hirao is a Lions legend in Seibu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure if you and Jafronius didn't miss days, I'd have not made the Top 3! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a fun contest and Third Floor was very generous. I wonder how we all would have done if we guessed every day! Congrats sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Junior is neat. I don't remember that insert set.

    ReplyDelete