Saturday, August 20, 2022

Nine Pockets, Four Legends

As a longtime blog reader and trader, I've accumulated a fair amount of custom cards over the years, and even have a couple of Baseball Card Breakdown magnets on my metal card shelves. As much as I appreciate the creativity of custom card creators and enjoy seeing the images of the cards, as a set collector they don't really fit into my collection, so I don't seek them out. However, when Nine Pockets was giving away some of his recent rock 'n' roll customs, I had to claim a card of my favorite band of all time, Black Sabbath.

This card is really nice - in person it looks and feels exactly like a Topps card of the 1970s or 1980s. I believe this is a 1974 Topps basketball design.

The back is really impressive too. 

As you can see, Greg really nailed the look of the old Topps card, with his own metal twist! Hopefully someday there will be an Update Set with Ronnie James Dio.



 


6 comments:

  1. I grabbed one of The Who. (I was torn between requesting them or The Ramones.) He really did a nice job--I wasn't expecting so much info on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my Van Halen one the other day. It's funny how there was enough variety for people's tastes. VH is far away my favorite of the ones he made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gregory did a fantastic job on these customs. That was one heck of a blog series he had this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg's customs are always neat. And like you mentioned, just the feel of them is nice. They've got some real weight to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're enjoying the card, Bo! And an update set with Ronnie James Dio? Heheh. Now that I think about it, I guess I'd have to create one for KISS, Van Halen, The Who, and The Ramones, too.

    ReplyDelete